Bitcoin.Review Podcast with NVK & Guests
BR029 - SegWit, Taproot, Schnoor, Inscriptions & Witness Discount ft. Andrew Poelstra & Adam Gibson
31 Mar • 2hr 10m
00:02:14 Introductions to guests
00:05:06 Introductions to episode
00:15:46 The malleability problem
00:22:23 Mental model for understanding malleability
00:26:16 Primer on SegWit
00:36:23 Why does witness data have a discount?
00:42:40 What is sighash?
00:46:55 How is the weight calculated?
00:53:19 Inputs and outputs
00:58:41 Importance of the UTXO set
01:02:45 Block size considerations
01:04:13 Calculating the witness data discount
01:09:00 Introduction to Taproot and Schnoor
01:11:08 Schnoor signatures
01:36:59 Taproot use cases
01:40:31 Timelocks, covenants and OP_VAULT
01:44:44 Taproot + lightning
01:47:17 Ordinals and inscriptions
02:09:11 Final thoughts
Links & Contacts:
NVK Twitter: https://twitter.com/nvk
Nostr & LN:⚡email@example.com (not an email!)
Full show notes: https://bitcoin.review/podcast/episode-29/
Nice show! very informative.
9 Apr • Breez
The best thing about podcasts where I understand about 5% of the discussion is that the other 95% is a learning opportunity. ✌️
5 Apr • Breez
Thank you for the honest, fun and technical signal. You all rock.
awesome ep, thanks for having these two on
Great ep! Learned a lot.
12 Apr • Breez
2 Apr • Breez
I hope that every so called “content creator” that tries to “explain” Bitcoin listens to this episode. At least twice🙏
12 Apr • Breez