Feedback & Shout Outs (1:20)
I will be at ISTELive23 on June 26 and 27! Let's connect.
EdTech Thought (3:32)
As the school year comes to an end, teachers can reflect on their growth and explore new technology tools to enhance their teaching skills. Integrating new tech in the classroom can help educators stay current, become more effective, and contribute to their professional development. Embracing innovation in education is essential for personal growth and student success.
- End of the school year reflection
- Trying out new technology tools
- Staying current and relevant in education
- Enhancing teaching effectiveness
- Professional growth and development
- Embracing innovation and challenges
- Expanding skill set and expertise
- Investing in personal growth and student success
EdTech Recommendation (7:32)
Gamma is an alternative to slide decks - a fast, simple way to share and present your work. Create engaging presentations, memos, briefs, and docs that are easy to discuss live or share async.
Use my link and get 200 credits when you sign up for free!
Check out the slide deck I created about the featured content for this episode.
Featured Content (11:36)
In today's episode, I focused on the process of creating digital portfolios with students, which can enhance their learning experiences and showcase their growth. Key takeaways include:
- Benefits of digital portfolios: develop digital literacy skills, demonstrate progress, and prepare for college and career opportunities.
- Establish clear learning objectives for digital portfolio projects.
- Select a suitable platform, such as Seesaw, Google Sites, Weebly, or Wix.
- Organize and curate content effectively, incorporating multimedia elements.
- Encourage reflection and goal-setting to develop metacognitive skills and a growth mindset.
- Foster collaboration and communication through peer feedback and review.
- Share and celebrate students' success, showcasing their work to a wider audience and fostering a positive learning environment.